Fresh Breeze

Place for out of bounds thoughts/ ideas.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Strange or Surprising?

Strange or Surprising, this world never fails to amaze me. When this happens, my mind divides into two and the big fight begins. In the end, nobody wins - nobody loses but I do get a better insight into the way this world operates and the role I play in it. Here's the script of one of the secret conversations I hold with myself:



Me1: Why do you do that?
Me2: Do what?

Me1: I mean, why do you expect them to be the way you are? Stop thinking in Black and White. If you don't change now, things are gonna be tough for you.
Me2: I stopped expecting anything from anyone long back. But then I realised that was not me, not my real self. So took a U turn but only 'half U' [trying to please Me1]. Why should I change myself for others?

Me1: Its called adaptation dude. Remember "Adapt Adapt".
Me2: I know.. I know.. But I am happy this way. More comfortable with myself. No tags attached.

Me1: Oh really? Think again. U don need to change for them but you need to know how to deal with the world. They're exploiting you, wake up.
Me2: Arr Amm, I dunno.. I can't help being nice to them and they can't help having that shell around. The day I put on the same shell, I feel so confined. I know it'll protect but at the same time, suffocate.

Me1: Listen, don't gimme your philosophy. Be rational, fight back. Don't stop for fear of sounding rude, thats the only way out else they'll take you for granted.
Me2: Yes, I am polite but at the same time 'firm'. But in a way you're right, instead of me exploding in the end and spoiling everything, its better to give a slight dose before hand.

Me1: Now you're coming back on track. Actually, even I know you don't want to loose your real self but its a neccessity. Theories of making this world a better place by starting with yourself isn't gonna help. You'll be walked over.
Me2: You know what buddy, I wasted so much of time brooding over what they'll be thinking bout me until one day I realised they're doin the same. They were as much concerned bout my opinion as I was for theirs. Now I have my own opinion of 'myself' and I am perfectly at peace with it.

Me1: Hmm.. Carry on but don't think I'll change my stand. Just want to play a good samaritan for some time, listening to your view.
Me2: Lol.. ok I won't make any guesses. I'm done from my side. What do you think then?

Me1: Though your view does make sense but I'll still say mine is the neccessity of time.
Me2: Ya, lets chart out the plan for the middle path but my 'own' path. And don't tell me to take this or that beaten track beacause the whole world has taken the same.

Me1: Deal.. lets sit together some other time to get it going.. tonite weather is too good to waste over such arguments.
Me2: [Smiles].. great, let me take out the bike then. Go get the helmet.

Me1: Shall I get one or two ;-)
Me2: [Laughs] I just have one, lets become one again!! We enjoy each others company, don't we ;-)?

Me: Here we go... What a beautiful night.. Vroom Vroom... Zoom............

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 1:44 AM, Blogger Divs said…

    Hey Ritesh, that was wonderful.. i was not aware that u used to write poems as well..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home