Fresh Breeze

Place for out of bounds thoughts/ ideas.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

What I want to be


1) When I was 8 yrs old, I wanted to be a 'Movie Hero' running around the trees chasing beautiful girls. Thanks to the loverboy flicks running all around that time. No doubt I was caught red handed with a collection of love phrases at the end of my notebook. Ahh, really embarassing that time but now I love it. Afterall, I was way ahead of my peer group!!

2) When I was 12 yrs old, I wanted to be an 'Astronaut'. One chapter on stars and planets in school and my heart was set on it. Used to gaze at night sky for hours at stretch trying to discover a new star pattern or planet for that matter. Longed for a powerful telescope and dreamed about being in outer space hopping from one galaxy to another.

3) When I was 15 yrs old, I wanted to be an teacher. Sharing my wisdom (if any) and transforming lives of my students. Considering the pathetic pay packages of teachers in India, I abandoned the idea. Somehow I don't believe in education system in India. My idea of education is to teach lessons that one can put to use in real life and in the process act as a guide, rather than as a directive. Those who know me, can easily tell how much I still love doin it. I only need some bakras to fulfill this desire of mine. People really used to freak out in college when I used to get onto the stage for my neverending lectures (deep down I know how much they loved it ;-). May be I'll fulfill this desire as a freelancer after retirement.

4) When I was 20, I wanted to be an Entrepreneur and I STILL want to be one. Its not a decision thats driven by any fancies or external factors. Although I get pretty much excited dreaming about getting dressed up and leaving for MY company. A dream realised with lot of hard work, done smartly. An ambitious, innovative, fun to work place with sheer focus on its people. Driven by my set of unique policies and plans, it'll involve even the last grounds man in company decisions. Wow, did I just sound like a democrat??

Those who are still wondering what I am into at present: I'm in a process of continuous learning and improvement. May be I'll fulfill my dreams one day or life might lead me to some new horizon that I'll love to be in. In the meantime, I'm just enjoying the journey wondering what I want to be??

PS:
Hope you liked the pic above. I just experimented with the collage tool (wow, m good at it boy!!). It's me in a fancydress competition where I forgot my dialogues...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 1:49 AM, Blogger Divs said…

    Just a snapshot of journey from boys to men...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home