Fresh Breeze

Place for out of bounds thoughts/ ideas.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

The unsaid love

Where have you been.. Where are you now..
How have you been.. How are you now..

Don ask, for the memory path is too painful to tread.. I'd rather clench my eyes tight than allow a tear to roll down my cheek.. I'd better spread a smile than shook my head in silence.. For there's a family beside me whose happiness goes only as far as my ability to hide my grief.. At least for their sake, I have to stand tall..

There are times when you see destiny taking over the things despite your best efforts.. And I can't do much except hold the hand that's slowly slipping away from my grasp.. The same hand that helped me take my first step.. A pillar that always gave me strength to stand tall in rough weathers.. The strong shoulder that carried me to my favorite candy shop, is now no thicker than the bone itself.. The Pot belly that always happily acted as my best cushion, is now softer than the real one..

A prayer that never ceased to end.. A hope that refused to die down.. Eyes that alternated with gloom and glow at every visit to the ICU.. Energy levels that rose and dropped down with every news of fake recovery they whispered in my ears.. Nights that were full of screams and pain of the waiting room.. Days that were full of sweat and loneliness of the insensitive surroundings..

Finally, the morning that I never wanted to rise up to.. As the soul held on while the body slowly gave away, he battled bravely till I made a promise and kissed him goodbye.. The pinch of those thousand needles for long three hours after which the news came in.. And his soul united with the almighty..

The journey didn't end there and the dark night continued till the light of fire finally enlightened its path to heaven.. Though some time has passed since he left us, I know he's looking on me from above to fulfill my promise.. And I will DAD.. With all the love you always shared with us.. Even if it went unsaid....

3 Comments:

  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger Vikram said…

    Excellent Divesh. I think i can easily relate to this article in your blog as i went through the same emotions. I only wish i was as strong as you. Your blog clearly expresses your undying love for your dad; but it also shows that you haven't let the pain destroy you. May Uncle's soul rest in peace.

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Such a touching post. It is really touching.. One of ur best posts dear.

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    its a very touching post ,he will always live in your heart buddy i am sure u will fulfill all his wishes and take kare of your family

     

Post a Comment

<< Home